It’s almost midnight and I’m still packing and washing clothes and cleaning. It’s all kind of nuts for me. I have lists of stuff I need to take. I have lists for stuff I need to clean. I have lists of stuff I want to get done. I’m dying in lists and piles of clothes. See? Someone come rescue me!
So I think you guys might know by now, but Monday I leave for a two week trip to France. As of today I have yet to do any real packing, which is a surprise considering how obsessive I am about this kind of thing normally, but this trip is different in a lot of ways. So, here are thirteen things I need to do or pack before I leave – on Monday.
- Call my bank and let them know that when Money is being withdrawn in another country, it’s okay. I haven’t been pick-pocketed.
- Call my insurance company to double-check the procedure for using my insurance in another country.
- Making a photocopy of all my important documents. Making multiple copies so I can leave them in my luggage and with my father.
- Dig out my suitcase from the depths of my closet.
- Buy the books I want to read while on the plane and waiting for all the cycling stuff to happen.
- Get batteries, specifically the lithium ones because apparently you can’t take the others on the flight we’re taking.
- Charge all my electronics.
- Pack clothes.
- Don’t forget things like socks and things with sleeves since it’s going to be colder in France than in Texas.
- Adapters so I can charge things in Europe.
- Do more figuring out of what I want to see.
- Decide if we’re going to London or not and make reservations.
- Clean the apartment.